Friday 11 October 2013

Surprise

A few months back, while in the throes of a deep slumber stolen from the regular work hours of my department, I was woken up rudely by an incessant and somewhat loud knocking on my door. I opened up to find a courier boy holding a parcel and a piece of paper to sign up. After verifying that the parcel was indeed addressed to me, I signed it and received it. Upon opening, I found a beautiful pen stand with an accompanying card. The card alluded to my brilliant personality and magnetic charm [i exaggerate, but you get the gist ;)] and also to the fact that it was a one off thing and that I was not supposed to worry about it. It also asked me to listen to a particular song by some young singer about some refreshing drink. I read the note, tried calling up the number (which btw, was signed MH and obviously false since a marathi lady was on the other end admonishing me in what I thought to be the choicest words possible in her language- i don't know- never understood a word of it), and then dutifully listened to the song. I didn't like it much but it wasn't bad either. 
End of story. :)

No comments: