Sunday 25 November 2012

MEN WILL BE MEN

We enjoy a drink or two occasionally. Me and my friend T. It is sort of a ritual for us to go out once a month to a certain bar, have a drink or two, relax and chat.

That day was no different. We decided first to go and buy me a pair of shoes and then proceed to the bar. On the way, I was constantly on the phone talking to my girlfriend (who seemed to be in ultra-romantic mode that day ;) ). It was a feat hanging up the phone without hurting her feelings. 

I turned to T and said, "She does this to me every time. She knows I am out for a drink and she has no problems with that but she has to call me every fifteen minutes and ask me what I am doing."

"Oh! I have no problems on that front." Replied T. "I told my wife I am out with you for a few drinks and wont be receiving any of her calls. I shall call her only when I return to my room. I am a no-nonsense fellow, you know."

"What a sensible wife!" I complimented him. 

Finishing my purchases we proceeded to the bar and ordered two beers and some snacks to go with them and set about talking. Conversation flows when you have some alcohol in your veins and some good company. Alas! It didn't last long.

It was T's phone this time. 'Wifey calling', it said on the screen. I passed him the phone. I could hear his side of the conversation.

"Hi darling!"
...
"I told you I am with Vinay da."
...
"I am in town."
...
"Oh! Vinay da bought a pair of shoes, some shirts and all those stuff."

My ears stood up. Shoes were all right. But shirts and stuff? We didn't even go to the shirts section.

"Now? Now we are in Thana Charali sitting in a restaurant."

Not in a bar, mind you. A smile started forming on my lips.

"Some chicken dish and some naan. Nothing to drink."

I started laughing.

"We had some coffee before looking for the shoes. So, it took us more time than I anticipated."

I was doubled up with laughter.

"I got to go. Need to take care of the bill. Will call you when I reach my place. OK? Bye. Love you."

He put down the phone with a sheepish grin.I punched him on the arm. And then he started laughing too.

1 comment:

blackgames said...

mo(n)st!!mo(n)st!!! ;)